Evektor-Aerotechnik AS SportStar
Single-engine two-seat light sports low-wing monoplane, Czech Republic
Archive Photos 
[Evektor-Aerotechnik AS “SportStar” (N506EV) on display (1/7/2006) at the 2006 Cable Airshow, Cable Airport, Upland, California (Photo by John Shupek copyright © 2006 Skytamer Images)]
- Evektor SportStar & EuroStar
- Role: Light Sport Aircraft
- National origin: Czech Republic
- Manufacturer: Evektor
The “SportStar” and “EuroStar” are a family of a two-seat, light sport aircraft (LSA), manufactured by Evektor-Aerotechnik of the Czech Republic and powered by a Rotax 912ULS, 100 hp (75 kW) engine.
The “SportStar” was the first approved special light-sport aircraft (S-LSA) and was named “S-LSA Aircraft of the Year” by “AeroNews Network”.
Design and Development 
The “SportStar” is an all-metal design made from anodized, corrosion-proofed aluminum. The airframe uses a pop-riveted and bonded construction, which the company claims will improve fatigue characteristics and result in a longer service life. The company also claims this construction technique results in better crash-worthiness, the elimination of rivet zippering in an accident and quieter in-flight noise levels due to the elimination of oil-canning and flexing.
The “SportStar” was designed for towing sailplanes up to 1544 lbs (700 kg) gross weight and for towing banners up to 1479 ft² (140 m²).
EuroStar SL: Model for the European ultralight category, with a gross weight of 1,041 lb (472 kg)
EuroStar SLW: Model for the European ultralight category, with a gross weight of 1,041 lb (472 kg)
Harmony: Model for the US LSA market with enlarged ailerons and rudder to improve cross-wind capabilities, an improved wing, winglets and tail as well as refined wheel pants and other fairings.
SportStar: Initial model.
SportStar SL: Improved model.
SportStar Max: Version for the US LSA market with a gross weight of 1,320 lb (599 kg).
Specifications (SportStar MAX) 
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 17 ft 7.5 in (5.98 m)
- Wingspan: 28 ft 5 in (8.65 m)
- Height: 8 ft 2 in (2.48 m)
- Wing area: ft² (m²)
- Empty weight: 668 lb (308 kg)
- Loaded weight: 1320 lb (600 kg)
- Useful load: 640 lb (292 kg)
- Max. takeoff weight: 1320 lb (600 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS, ground adjustable propeller, 100 hp (75 kW)
- Propellers: Klassic 1700/3/R, composite, propeller, 1 per engine Propeller diameter: 5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)
- Never exceed speed: 146 knots (270 km/h)
- Maximum speed: 115 knots (213 km/h)
- Cruise speed: 110 knots (204 km/h)
- Stall speed: 40 knots (74 km/h)
- Range: 700 nm (1300 km)
- Service ceiling: 15,500 ft (4720 m)
- Rate of climb: 1020 ft/min (5.2 m/s)
- Wing loading: lb/ft² (kg/m²)
- Power/mass: 12.68 lb/hp (0.13 W/kg)
- Photos: John Shupek, Copyright © 2006 Skytamer Images. All Rights Reserved
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Evektor SportStar
Copyright © 1998-2019 (Our 21st Year) Skytamer Images, Whittier, California
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED